Role of Operation Theatre Technician
- Assist in setting up operating room according to type of surgery to be performed, which includes obtaining, arranging testing of equipment, supplies and accessories as per schedules.
- Shave and carry out pre-op preparation of operative site as per requirements of surgeon.
- Check whether all equipment’s in the OT are in working condition daily, replace missing or damaged equipment and /or send to Biomedical Department after making entry in the books informing OT in charge.
- Assist anesthetist/surgeon/nurses in preparing the patients for the procedure, positioning them in a prescribed manner, as per surgery/surgeon, assist in moving patient into wheeled stretcher to ICU/recovery room after completion of operation.
- Circulate for cases whenever the need arises for short period.
- Relieve nurses in between cases for breaks.
- Assist in cleanup of operating theater following surgery: includes disposal of used supplies and dispatching instruments for sterilization. Cleaning of equipment’s used in anaesthesia, etc. and OT table accessories.
- Personally clean and change all tubing/linen on anesthesia machine after the cases are done or/and at the end of the day.
- Check all anaesthesia trolley/crash cart for update and validity of drugs every day.
- Understand the functioning and then knows the case of every equipment in the OT. (C Arm, microscope, cautery, OT table, Suction, Syringe Pumps, etc.)
- Check cylinder supplies (oxygen, nitrous) as per requirements of OT cases.
- To keep and take inventory of all equipment’s/cables used for anaesthesia on all shifts and reports damage or breakage to OT in charge and send the same for repairs to the Biomed / Engineering department after entry in HIS/log book
Role of CCSD
- Sort, record and wash all surgical instruments, anesthesia tubing and bottles in the mechanical washer.
- Disinfect all dirty instruments and equipment in the dirty area.
- Assemble and pack all surgical instruments and equipment in the dirty area.
- Sterilize and store all packs in the sterile store, safely and effectively.
- Operate all the machines in CSSD, safely and effectively.
- Check and record stock level of all items and monitor expiry date.
- Establish and maintain positive professional relationship within the department with all the CSSD customers.
- Collect non-sterile surgical instruments and deliver all processed sterile packs to wards and respective departments.
- Perform on call duties whenever assigned on the roster, during evenings, nights or holidays.
- Involve in teaching, training and guiding CSSD students.
- Participate in the departmental audits and research.
- Responsible for own development, learning and performance by attending relevant courses organized in-house or outside the hospital.
- Demonstrate evidence of successful participation in mandatory courses required by the Hospital.
- Receive and replenish sterile supplies from CSSD along with the nurses at the end of the day and place on racks allotted according to specialty.
- Ensure and supervise cleaning of C ARM every evening whether it has been used or not.
- Follow OT protocols and personnel safety.
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Operation Theatre Technology
- Relevant Experience from Multispecialty Hospital
- Only candidates willing to work in Bangalore Rural need to apply.
- Experience: 1 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- Kannada, English, Hindi, Telugu
- Names of different instruments • Names of different surgical / medical procedures • Use of different sterilizing machines
- Packing of different procedure packs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Computer Literacy: Basic MS Office
Qualification: Bachelor of Science (Operation Theater Technology), Diploma(Operation Theatre Technology)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department/ward/unit.
- Aspirants are requested to E-mail resume in MS word format only along with photograph scanned and placed on resume and also with details on current and expected salary.
- Please super scribe as “Application for the post of Operation Theatre cum CSSD Technician ” in Subject column when writing/sending/forwarding E-mail.
-Work Location - Doddaballapur - Bangalore - Karnataka - India.
-You can also reach at 9886300305 through SMS only.