We are looking for a young, energetic, competent and committed individual to work within the Editorial News Analytics Team. The candidate will primarily be responsible for the line of work that looks at the day-to-day coordination of our competitor monitoring, benchmarking and associated analysis of the news-file. The role of a News Analyst will include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- She/he should be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as be a keen team player
- Should be able to work with our data vendors on a daily basis, keep open lines of communication with them and resolve any process or administrative queries
- Conduct periodic quality checks in accordance with our policies. Also provide timely resolution of queries from internal customers.
- Should have a keen eye to inspect data, spot trends and help with its analysis
- Can identify, assess and review data with a view to presenting strategic insights to senior management
- Be efficient at analyzing a brief/new requirements, build a process and deliver solutions
- Ensure that all daily reports/tasks are completed on a timely basis
Required skills and Education:
- Graduates from any stream (background in statistics/math is preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Should possess good analytical skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (pivots, charts ......