ER Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of ER Nurses include (but are not limited to):
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and implements, the philosophies, policies, protocols and clinical guidelines of the healthcare institution and those specific to the emergency department.
- Utilizes evidence based emergency care to improve patient outcomes, reduce variation in practice and improve quality of clinical decisions.
- Adheres to best practice in the management of patient safety, risk assessment, risk minimization and risk management.
- Promotes and supports the utilization of evidence based emergency care to improve patient outcomes, reduces variation in practice and informs & improves quality of clinical decisions.
- Monitors, responds to and manages and/or reports all incidences of unsafe or unprofessional practice and deviations from best practice.
- Collects current symptoms, as well as a detailed patient history and then consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Performs triage, while considering both physical and psychosocial elements
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology
- Records patients’ current vital signs
- Works directly under physicians, assisting them during exams, diagnostic testing and treatments
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Provides IV therapy
- Cleans and bandages wounds
- Provides basic, bedside care
- Maintains proper supplies and appropriate medical equipment to care for patients
- Reports any suspected abuse to the appropriate agencies
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation, as well as provides referrals to other healthcare professionals for follow-up treatment
- Displays professionalism while completing multiple urgent tasks in a timely manner
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery / Bachelor of Science - Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc - Nursing
- Current nursing license, in good standing with the State licensing board [Karnataka Nursing Council]
- Minimum of one (1) year Emergency Room (ER) Nurses experience and to a maximum of (3) years
- Cognitive skills as related to the position
Total Vacancies : 6 (Six)
- Preference would be given to local candidates and aspirants willing to relocate to Doddaballapur / Bangalore.
- Hostel Facility would be provided.
- Aspirants are requested to E-mail resume in MS word format only along with photograph and with details on current fixed salary + incentives if any and expected salary.
- Please superscribe as " Application for the post of ER - Staff Nurse at Columbia Asia Hospital - Doddaballapur - Bangalore " in Subject column when writing/sending/forwarding E-mail.
- You can also reach at 9886300305
- If we do not answer your call, please text/or send SMS