This position will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of production, planning and inventory control functions. Ensure achievement of goals related to on-time delivery (OTD) and inventory investment. Work with cross-functional teams to derive achievable supply and production plans. Actively monitor demand and the availability and flow of materials through planning, inventory and production to identify and resolve supply and production bottlenecks. Develop, track, review and report on planning and inventory control related metrics, which reflect performance at the individual, department, and company level. Engage the planning and inventory staff to leverage Lean/Six Sigma tools to identify root cause, develop and execute plans to achieve target goals through continuous improvement.
Requirements and Skills:
- Candidate should be a minimum B.E/B.Tech in Electrical / Production Engineering.
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience in production line of electrical products such as Inverters, UPS etc.
- The candidate should have good understanding of electronic product assembly including SMT and through-hole PCB production.
- Candidates should have understanding of plastic and sheet metal enclosures and understanding of moulding will be given preference.
- Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Accounting experience preferred.
- Proven experience in outsourced product manufacturing.
- Lean Certification desirable and evidence of on-going professional development.
- 7+ years of demonstrated success managing production planning and inventory in an environment characterized by: highly engineered products with multi-level BOM’s; low volume, high mix, high labor content; cross-site independent and dependent supply requirements.
- Advanced data mining/Business Objects Report development/Excel skills.
- Should have experience establishing leading indicators and KPI’s to drive continuous improvement.
- Proven track record of change management, excellence in vendor development and facilitating cross-functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction”.
- Develop and manage the planning team to be focused on Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS), department Vision and corporate goals; displaying capability and urgency in addressing expedited requirements and reprioritization and demonstrating ownership and accountability.
- Monitor production load/capacities and inventory levels (to include Raw Materials, Components, WIP, Sub-Assemblies, Finished Goods) to ensure material availability and timely release to production in order to achieve On-Time-Delivery objectives.
- Collaboratively establish quarterly and refresh monthly, an achievable rolling production plan based upon revenue goals, demand and capacity analysis and new product development initiatives in conjunction with staff and cross-functional colleagues.
- Work closely and proactively with purchasing to establish and maintain inventory levels that support the product build schedule.
- Creation and distribution of execution level production schedules; conferring daily with leadership team, and contract manufacturers / external vendors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and resolving issues on work in progress, inventory levels, and production problems with major emphasis on planning and inventory control excellence in material availability and production delivery reliability.
- Coordinate directly with project managers, customer service and operations management in order to evaluate and process expedite requests as per procedure.
- Resolve competing requirements within planning, conflicting demand priorities within product management / customer service and production leadership.
- Develop and maintain countermeasures to address root causes of customer service related issues. Engage product management / sales / customer service if there is a supply chain breakdown or production issue that precludes meeting the customer requirement. Support Project Logistics in resolving supplier issues
- Manage the inventory control function to ensure policy compliance and that the objectives of accuracy (count, serial, lot, etc), product protection, timely and correct flow of paperwork and materials and productivity goals are achieved.
- Execute and improve inventory investment processes related to: Strategic finished goods stocking levels, KanBan item resizing, Excess and Obsolete, ABC analysis and Cycle Count program and Safety Stock
- Maintain matrices that define key control fields and work cross-functionally to maintain the accuracy of same.
- Establish and institutionalize standard work for planning and inventory control. Identify, define and engage staff and cross-functional resources in lean projects to identify ways to eliminate waste and drive sustained performance.
- Develop, maintain, and report metrics that measure and drive department productivity and improvement. Increase the productive capacity by initiating new ideas, processes and technologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.