The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
New Business Development
1. Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
2.Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
3. Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
4. Research and build relationships with new clients.
5. Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
6. Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
7. Participate in pricing the solution/service.
8. Handle objections ......
Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals....
Subscribe with us, to get jobs to your inbox